NEUMANN TO SHOWCASE RECORDING MICROPHONES AND MONITORS AT AES 2017 – SENNHEISER PRESENTS AMBEO WORKSHOPS
At the 142nd AES Convention, held from May 20 to 23 in Berlin, Germany, studio specialist Neumann will present its comprehensive portfolio of recording solutions. Highlights on show will range from the KU 100 dummy head for binaural recording to the new KH 80 DSP monitor loudspeaker. Sennheiser will also hold multiple workshops during the AES Convention covering various aspects of its AMBEO 3D immersive audio technology.
Visitors to the Neumann stand in the AES exhibition area will be able to get hands on with some of Neumann’s most acclaimed studio microphones: the TLM 107 and U 87 Ai multi-pattern, large-diaphragm condenser microphones, the KM 184 ‘pencil’ condenser microphone, and the M 149 Tube microphone. Also available to experience is the KU 100, the legendary dummy head from Neumann for binaural recordings, as well as a pair of the brand-new KH 80 DSP monitor loudspeakers. For project studios and home studios, the highly capable TLM 102 and TLM 103 large-diaphragm condensers are on show.
The Neumann U 87, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, will take centre stage in a lecture given by Martin Schneider, Acoustics Developer within Sennheiser and Neumann’s Competence Centre Acoustics. On Sunday 21 May, 14:30 – 14:45 (in Salon 2+3, Rome) he will provide a brief yet highly illuminating look at this first-generation transistorized condenser microphone, and talk about microphone development and recording technology in the 1960s and 70s.
“Can you hear the specs?” – this question will be answered during a panel workshop on Tuesday, 23 May, 13:00 to 14:30. Panelists include Martin Schneider and Jürgen Breitlow, Manager Competence Centre Acoustics, of Sennheiser/Neumann.
All about Sennheiser AMBEO 3D Audio
On the evening of Sunday, 21 May, 18:30-20:00, Prof. Dr. Jörg Sennheiser will hold the Richard C. Heyser memorial lecture on “A Historic Journey in Audio Reality: From Mono to AMBEO”.
As part of the official AES paper presentation, Gio Jacuzzi, Sennheiser AMBEO audio engineer, will present the paper “Approaching Immersive 3D Audio Broadcast Streams of Live Performances” on Saturday, 20 May, 9:30-12:00.
In the “Salon 7 Vienna”, equipped with a 9.1 AMBEO set-up, various members of the Sennheiser AMBEO team will present the following workshops and lectures:
• Sunday, 21 May, 10:30 – 11:15, Johannes Kares of Sennheiser and guest Charles Verron of NoiseMakers will present “AMBEO for VR”.
• Monday, 22 May, 11:00 – 12:30, tonmeister Gregor Zielinsky, senior recording engineer at Sennheiser, will talk about the “Musical aspects of AMBEO recording: Mic set-ups for different purposes”.
• Tuesday, 23 May, 12:00 – 13:00, Gio Jacuzzi, Sennheiser AMBEO audio engineer, will present “AMBEO for Binaural”.
The Sennheiser flagship store in Berlin will host a series of AMBEO events during the AES Convention
To mark the occasion of the AES, Sennheiser’s flagship Berlin store located at Tauentzienstraße 17, will be organising a series of special AMBEO events:
• Saturday, 20 May, 17:00-20:00, an AMBEO networking event with drinks and DJ set will feature a 30-minute introduction to the AMBEO Music Blueprints by Sofia Brazzola.
• Sunday, 21 May, is “AMBEO for VR Day” at the flagship store. This will include networking, drinks and a DJ set from 17:00, as well as a workshop by Sennheiser’s Johannes Kares and NoiseMakers’ Charles Verron from 18:00 to 20:00.
• Monday, 22 May, 17:00 – 20:00 is “AMBEO for Binaural Day”, which will follow the same networking format as the previous day, with a workshop held by Sennheiser’s Gio Jacuzzi from 18:00 to 19:00.
All AMBEO events can also be found at: sennheiser.com/ambeo-at-aes-2017