Antelope Audio’s Orion32 Interface Now Features Automatic Notification and Updating Capability and Zero Latency 32x2 Mixer
New Control Panel Feature Delivers Unmatched User Efficiency in an Interface, Enabling Users to Stay Informed on Firmware Versions and Benefit from Automatic Updates
Antelope Audio announced that its Orion32 interface, the world’s first 32–channel AD/DA converter and audio master clock in a 1U rack unit, now includes another groundbreaking feature: the ability to notify users on firmware updates directly from the control panel and automatic updating at the user’s request.
The Orion32, which supports both MADI and USB interfaces and is clocked by Antelope’s renowned 64–bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology, automatically runs a software assessment at startup and can initiate any required software updates at the push of a button.
“Updates and user tips from the control panel and other new features we are announcing will enhance our customer’s experience even further,” commented Marcel James, director of sales & marketing, Antelope Audio. “With these and other new updates, the Orion32 packs a host of features never before seen on a pro audio device including its massive channel count per square inch and unmatched USB performance.”
Other recently updated features to the Orion32—which is already being used by top recording artists such as Rihanna, Skrillex and Beyonce—include a zero–latency 32x2 mixer, news feed links to ‘how–to’s’ and helpful videos as well as other performance enhancements and general bug fixes.
Orion32: Unmatched Audio Quality and Clocking in an Interface
The Orion32 allows 192 kHz I/O streaming of up to 32 channels through its custom–built USB chip, which provides seamless connectivity to any USB–enabled DAW or computer. The converter also provides 32 channels of 96 kHz audio through its fiber optic MADI I/O connections, making it perfect for capturing audio in live sound environments and many other applications. When using the MADI interface, the Orion32 can handle 16 channels of 192k audio.
Orion32 is also an audio master clock, employing Antelope’s proprietary 4th generation of AFC and oven controlled oscillator—both technologies that made Antelope Audio clocks an industry leader for accuracy and reliability in recording, mastering and post–production facilities around the world. The four word clock outs, together with the 10 MHz input, make Orion32 ideally suited to be in the center of any project or high–end studio.
Orion32 is packaged in a 1U enclosure with an eco–friendly power consumption of only 15 Watts. In addition to saving rack space and having very low heating levels, Orion32 comes with an extremely reasonable pricing even for small home studio, launching with a street price of only $2,995.
Orion32: Key Features
- Zero latency 32x2 mixer
- Firmware update notifications at startup
- Antelope Audio precise AD/DA conversion technology
- Up to 192 kHz on 32 channels I/O via custom–built USB chip
- 32 channels I/O via Fiber Optic MADI I/O connections
- Eight D-SUB 25 connectors for AD and DA
- 16 channels on 4 ADAT input and output connectors
- Antelope’s renowned 64–bit Acoustically Focused Clocking with Atomic input
- Antelope’s proprietary Oven Controlled Oscillator for supreme clocking stability
- Four word clock outputs and one word clock input
- Five presets for fast and easy recall of favorite setups
- 1U rack size with power consumption of 15 Watts and very low heating levels
- A user friendly desktop application available for both Windows and OS X